For families considering a fun and rewarding experience, canopy tours in Tsitsikamma Forest offer a thrilling day out in the beautiful Garden Route area, for a day of adventure that will be remembered for years to come. Situated in the Cape just a short drive from Knysna, the Tsitsikamma Forest, is a spectacular protected forest that is home to an abundance of bird-, animal - and plant life. Tours in this forest and beyond are the perfect way to learn more about the environments within the forest and surrounds, as well as enjoy a host of fun activities and attractions within the area.
The top 10 reasons to try a Tsitsikamma Forest tour include the following:
- Fun for the whole family - kids of all ages, from school going children to teenagers will all enjoy a canopy tour, as will parents.
- Spot a host of bird species - a wide range of endemic and migratory species can be found in the forest and surrounds, including the elusive Knysna Loerie.
- Plenty of animals and insects to see - look out for large numbers of curious vervet monkeys, porcupines, hundreds of butterflies and many other creatures.
- Zip through the forest by cable - this is one of the most exciting experiences possible, allowing you to harness up and zip across the forest from high up in the treetops.
- Monkey Land and Birds of Eden - these unique and stunning reserves are home to a host of primates and birds, with natural enclosures that give you an idea of their habitats in the wild.
- Tsitsikamma Nature Reserve - over 80km of forest and marine reserve, with suspension bridge, river, indigenous forest and a range of plant, animal and bird life.
- Nature's Valley - this truly magnificent region is home to one of the largest and oldest Yellow wood trees in the country, which is 800 years old.
- Hiking and walking - explore some of the breathtaking natural habitats as you walk through the forest and surrounds.
- Plenty of photographic opportunities - from gigantic trees to natural landscapes, birds, plants and curious monkeys, plenty of photo opportunities abound.
- Learn together as a family - canopy tours in Tsitsikamma Forest offer a great way to learn together as a family, with a focus on education and fun.